To provide a practical knowledge and understanding of real-time kernel usage. What are the advantages? What are the trade-offs? Learn from an experienced trainer and take home a working knowledge of FreeRTOS and the ability to use it efectively in your own embedded development project.
This 3-day training class uses hands-on exercises combined with instruction to illustrate the concepts of a real-time kernel. Examples using FreeRTOS form a series of practical coding exercises designed to bring you quickly up to speed. The concepts and commands necessary to make effective use of FreeRTOS are described through a combination of theory and ‘hands-on’ training. Learn from an experienced trainer and take home a working knowledge of FreeRTOS and the ability to use it effectively in your own embedded development project.
- Familiarity with embedded C concepts and programming
- Ability to develop software using C syntax
- Ability to use basic embedded compiler and debug tools
- Basic knowledge of embedded processor development boards
Who should attend?
People with interest in or tasked with development of a resource constrained real-time system. For example - software engineers, field engineers, (project) managers.
- FreeRTOS overview, market position, the "free" in FreeRTOS, understanding the FreeRTOS license, software architecture, features.
- LPCXpresso IDE download and installation, importing an example workspace.
- Tasks - Creation, states, priorities, the idle task, deletion.
- Scheduling - Determinism, multitasking, endless loop, cyclic executives, issues with interrupts, non-preemptive, prioritized preemptive, rate monotonic, deadline, cooperative, hybrid.
- Creation, sending, receiving
- Deferred interrupt processing, interrupt handlers, interrupt safe functions, task with interrupt synchronization, efficient queue usage even from within an interrupt, interrupt nesting.
- Mutual exclusion, critical sections, suspending/locking the scheduler, mutexes, priority inversion, priority inheritance, deadlock, gatekeeper tasks.
- Resource constrained memory allocation schemes, determining the amount of free memory remaining.
- avoiding bugs and how to find those you did not avoid
- User vs. privileged mode, access permissions, defining MPU regions, linker configuration, practical usage tips.
The FreeRTOS Download
- Files and directories, demo apps, data types and coding style.
Please fill in this form if you have further questions regarding this or any other training and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
details in: en public or private/remote, 4-day training class book until: 05 Mar 2021
16 Mar 2021
virtual/remote, in German/English (TBD), Timezone: UTC+2 (TBD), guaranteed to run from 3 subscribers