This course can be delivered as an Embedded/Native combo with target boards, or Native Only where target boards are not required.
The aim of this course is to provide a basic overview of debugging/tracing/profiling facillitites available with (embedded) GNU/Linux. Hands-on exercises provide you with the necessary practical experience to go ahead and choose the right tool for your debugging needs.
This 2-day or 3-day training class uses hands-on exercises combined with instruction to illustrate some basic concepts of debugging/tracing/profiling Embedded GNU/Linux. Hands on sessions are performed with the freely available ELDK, which is derived from Yocto, on a Beagle-XM Rev.C and/or native on Ubuntu. The whole workshop is designed to bring you quickly up to speed. The concepts and commands necessary to make effective use of Embedded GNU/Linux's debugging/tracing/profiling facilties are described through a combination of theory and on-the-job training. Don’t reinvent the wheel, but learn from an experienced trainer and take home a working knowledge of Embedded GNU/Linux debugging and the ability to use it effectively in your own embedded development project.
- Basic knowledge of how to use Linux (Ubuntu)
- Familiarity with embedded C concepts and programming
- Ability to develop software using C syntax
- Basic knowledge of embedded processor development boards
- ... or no fear to learn the aboveand programming
Who should attend?
Project managers, software, hardware, development and systems engineers, technicians and those interested in technology who want to try get a broad overview about numerous debugging/tracing/profiling facilites available with Embedded GNU/Linux.
- errno, shell debug, lsof, netstat, procfs, sysfs, debugfs
- syslog, ltrace, strace
- ldd, strings, nm, objdump, addr2line
- split, sparse
Gdb and friends
- gdb, gdbserver, threads, core_dump, null_ptr, crash
TOP and friends
- latencytop, powertop, powerdebug, iotop, atop
- time, gcov, gropf, oprofile
- systemtap, perf, ftrace, LTTng
- valgrind, cachegrind, helgrind
Please fill in this form if you have further questions regarding this or any other training and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
public, 2-day training class
16 Nov 2017