What differentiates our Embedded Linux Trainings from many others?
- We use real
- machines where software is pre-installed per training as opposed to virtual machines
- hardware as opposed to hardware emulation
- As much as possible is pre-cached to work also at bandwidth limited venues
- We spend extra time/money to offer a working physical setup per trainee without the need for every trainee to spend extra time upfront
- We use Open Source Software
... not to differentiate ourselves from the rest,
but because we believe that's the right way to do it.
Why do so many Embedded (Linux) training vendors go for BYOD and HW Emulation?
- Less costs - no need to buy/rent/maintain extra laptops/servers/boards
- Less preparation time - just a virtual machine needs to be prepared and trainees install extra/per training stuff
- Less check in luggage at the airport
- We sometimes fly with 64 kg check in luggage
- The solution with a virtual machine and virtual hardware scales from on-site to remote trainings to the cloud
- For on-line trainings with real Embedded boards we need a special infrastructure
- Responsibility for the training environment is shifted to training venue/trainee/IT department
- Our predefined environment is thoroughly tested and in case someone breaks it we can immediately restore to the original state
- Many times it is straight forward to transfer the training environment to trainees real/virtual machines as well on the spot/after the training